Pet health insurance can help protect you from spending excessive amounts on unexpected vet bills. In addition to the financial security that comes with purchasing a policy, you get the peace of mind that will your dog or cat will be treated immediately after an emergency. Pet insurance can also help you pay for your pet’s routine care to encourage the overall health plus happiness of your furry friend.
Founded in 2018, Wise Pet offers two standard plans and a comprehensive plan that provides unlimited annual coverage for vet bills and reimbursements for a few coverage items that many competitors don’t offer, such as lost-pet advertising and vacation cancellation fees. Keep reading to find out why we at the Home Media reviews team found Advisable Pet to be one associated with the best pet insurance companies on the market.
Get a free quote from Sensible Pet by entering your own zip code and pet’s details into this online form .
Pros and Cons of A good idea Pet Insurance coverage
+ Offers three dog insurance plans, which is more than most other providers
+ Includes a 24/7 live vet chat with each plan
+ Offers preventative care add-ons at three flexible monthly prices
– Doesn’t have the mobile app, unlike most competitors
– Has higher plan prices than numerous competitors according to the dozens of quotes we received from multiple companies, especially for high-risk breeds
Smart Pet’s Plans and Protection
Accident-Only Plan: This is Prudent Pet’s cheapest pet insurance coverage plan that covers up to $10, 000 per year with regard to treatments, procedures, surgeries, specialized care and other costs related to accidents, including bite wounds, teeth injuries, swallowed objects and broken bones. It doesn’t cover any illnesses or some other conditions, but it could be a good option if you’re looking for less expensive coverage on accident-related emergencies.
Essential Plan: This plan also has a $10, 000 yearly coverage limit, but it extends protection to ailments, cancer, hip dysplasia, hereditary conditions, skin conditions, digestive illnesses plus more. It includes up in order to $250 for each year for the treatment associated with behavioral disorders.
Ultimate Strategy: This particular plan covers everything in the Essential Program but extends annual insurance coverage to unlimited and behavioral disorder insurance to $1, 000 per year. It furthermore provides reimbursement for some extra unexpected costs, such as advertising and reward money in case you lose your family pet, boarding fees if you’re hospitalized for more than four days and can’t take care of your pet, mortality costs like burial and cremation charges, replacement expenses if your own pet is lost or stolen plus vacation termination fees when your pet’s covered treatment requires you to cancel a planned trip.
Veterinary exam fee coverage: Vet exam costs that you may incur when visiting your vet can add up, so Prudent Pet offers this particular additional protection for around $5–$12 per month to help pay for those costs.
Wellness insurance coverage add-ons: You can choose between 3 preventative care coverage options to become added to your policy. The Low option offers policyholders along with $210 inside annual insurance, the Medium option comes with $315 of annual coverage and the particular High option includes $460 of annual coverage.
Below is a breakdown of each covered treatment’s specified limits in each protection level:
Wise Pet’s Exclusions
Although Advisable Pet’s policies are comprehensive, they do have a few exclusions — which will be common throughout the industry. Prudent Pet doesn’t cover pre-existing conditions that your own pet has before the policy’s effective date, which this defines in the policy as, “a medical condition which first occurred or even showed clinical signs before the effective date of this policy or which occurred or showed clinical signs during the policy waiting period. ”
A few other Sensible Pet insurance coverage exclusions include fees related to breeding, pregnancy and whelping, holistic therapies not administered or even prescribed by a vet, experimental treatments, organ transplants plus elective methods.
For the full list of insurance, exclusions and policy limitations, review A good idea Pet’s sample pet insurance plan .
Your yearly plan limits may be fixed depending on the strategy you choose, but you may select between the following deductibles plus reimbursement rates to customize your policy’s premium:
- Deductibles: $100, $250, $500 or $1, 000
- Reimbursement prices: 70%, 80% or even 90%
Prudent Pet’s Premiums
We pulled dozens associated with quotes regarding a variety of pets to get a sense of how much Prudent Dog policies often cost. Prices vary depending on your location, your pet’s details and the plan you select, but here are some sample month-to-month quotes for that Essential Plan with a $250 deductible and 80% reimbursement rate:
Prudent Family pet reviews
Prudent Pet has an A+ rating and accreditation through the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but its page doesn’t feature any reviews or complaints from customers. However , the company does have more than 500 reviews on Trustpilot and a few on Google Reviews, of which a very small percentage are negative.
Most customers express satisfaction with the company’s claims process, policy management and overall customer service, yet some clients complain about the high program prices plus unexpected denied claims. We reached out to Smart Pet about the unfavorable reviews and received the following comment in response:
“Unfortunately, a lot of our negative reviews come from pre-existing situation questions. We are not permitted to cover up conditions that were present before the particular inception associated with the policy, which is the case with the majority of pet insurance companies. We apologize for this inconvenience plus hope all of us can help you in other ways. ”
Here are some Prudent Dog insurance evaluations from Trustpilot and Search engines Reviews:
“I took [my pet] in to get his first exam and vaccinations, plus I submitted an invoice for the [treatments] needed. The next day I received an email through Prudent Family pet letting me know the particular claim had been approved and the check was being sent to me for over half of the total bill. This was a very quick turnaround, and I was very impressed using the results. ” — Ruben C. on Trustpilot
“This company offers found every way possible not really to protect a penny of my $1, 000+ claims We have posted for the dog. ” — Caity H. on Google Reviews
“My claim was processed so quickly! I experienced my claim settled within three times of submitting a claim. The reason it even took three days is usually [because] I was delayed in providing records. I actually received a friendly reminder via text and email. I am very happy and satisfied with the service I was provided. ” — RVS on Trustpilot
“They do not fairly apply out-of-pocket payments to deductibles, thus after almost $1, 500 out there of pocket for illness issues, I still haven’t ‘met’ our $250 insurance deductible. They do not supply appropriate plan documents so you cannot reference what is supposed to be protected per your quote as those documents disappeared and were replaced with non-specific generalized information which does not detail the plan you actually spend for. ” — Sarah on Trustpilot
*The monthly cost is based upon sample quotes for accident-and-illness plans intended for a 4-year-old mixed dog in Columbia, S. C.
The Bottom Line: Prudent Pet
Prudent Pet stands out for its impressive Ultimate Plan that comes with unlimited coverage and extra reimbursements to get items this kind of as lost-pet advertising plus mortality expenses. We recommend it in order to pet parents who want to get the most out associated with their protection.
Methodology: Our system for ranking the best pet insurance policy companies
Our review of pet insurance companies is based on in-depth business research that will includes reading hundreds of customer testimonials, simulating the particular quote and purchasing procedure, speaking to representatives on the phone to assess the customer support experience plus surveying 1, 000 dog and cat owners nationwide to determine the most important elements associated with pet insurance plan coverage. We have scored every provider on a 100-point scale based upon those elements.
Here are a lot more details regarding each factor and how they’re weighted:
- Monthly pricing (25 points): How much each company charges for its pet insurance plans is an important part of a customer’s decision. The particular best dog insurance businesses combine comprehensive coverage and plan choices with affordable rates.
- Programs (15 points): The top family pet insurance companies offer accident and sickness plans, accident-only plans plus wellness or even preventative treatment add-ons to give customers the choice to choose the plan that’s best designed for their pet.
- Covered treatments (15 points): With this element, we scored companies based on the treatments and procedures they cover. Companies with a breadth associated with included remedies and unique coverages received more points than companies with more regular or general policies.
- Customization options (10 points): Customizing your own policy is definitely a valuable way in order to ensure you only pay just for what your pet needs. Providers with more annual-limit, deductible and reimbursement-rate options earned the highest scores.
- Customer care (10 points): We obtained companies on their website accessibility plus overall usability, customer service availability, mobile apps (if any), money-back guarantees and veterinarian telehealth options, awarding points to the insurers with a lot more customer experience offerings.
- Industry reputation (10 points): To determine every company’s market reputation, we all reviewed up-to-date ratings plus accreditation info from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and scored businesses on their years of experience in the industry plus their state availability.
- Waiting periods (10 points): Companies with shorter incident, illness and orthopedic waiting around periods between the sign-up plus coverage start date have scored higher compared to companies along with longer waiting periods.
- Eligible age (5 points): Some companies don’t offer policies for the purpose of pets that are over a certain age. We deducted points from providers that have age limitations for covered pets.
All of us use our rating system to evaluate and contrast each organization against key factors in order to help us determine the best pet insurance providers in the particular industry. Additionally , we keep our research up to date and revisit our own reviews on a regular basis.