The Pets Best Pet Parenthood Today study highlights the emotional benefits, financial considerations, and generational attitudes felt simply by today’s pet parents
STAMFORD, Conn. , Dec. 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Animals Best Insurance Services, LLC , a Synchrony (NYSE: SYF ) health plus wellness solution and leading U. S. pet health insurance provider, unveiled the results of a new study: ” Dog Parenthood Nowadays . inch More than 1, 400 dog owners were surveyed to better understand the impact pets have on their personal and professional life. With pet ownership at an all-time high, the research reveals findings around the health benefits, financial considerations, and generational behaviors that come with owning a pet.
Key findings from the study include:
- 83% of pet parents say, “having the pet makes me happier as a person. ” Specifically, 86% of dog parents plus 78% of cat parents.
- Pet Parents spend on average 8. 5-9. 5 hours per day with their pet. And, dog parents along with pet health insurance plans are spending more quality time together with their pets compared to family pet parents without pet insurance on activities such as: going on vacation with their own pet, exercising with their particular pet, taking their pet out to eat, to the park and more.
- Pet-friendly workplaces continue to be in demand, because 57% of pet parents “prefer to work for an employer who values pet ownership. ” Today more employers are offering perks for owning a pet, like dog insurance, or pawternity leave.
- Pet owners who have pet health insurance are more likely to seek the healthcare their pet needs. More than 3 out of 4 pet mother and father with family pet health insurance coverage say they are “more likely to go to the particular vet” compared to those without having pet medical health insurance.
- Younger generations experience the most levels of anxiety about pet care costs (specifically, 87% of Gen Z dog parents and 85% associated with Millennial family pet parents). And, younger pet owners are more open to pet medical insurance as a solution to finance pet healthcare expenses compared in order to older decades.
- Pet parents agree that having pet wellness insurance brings peace of mind, which has a positive impact on how they spend time with plus care for their own pets.
“More than 70% associated with U. S. households include a dog, which is up significantly since the start of the particular pandemic. The expectations of what it means to become a pet parent have evolved over time, ” said Melissa Gutierrez , senior vice president and general manager, Pets Best. “We’ve found that dog parents now are far more likely to plan for their particular pet’s care, think about their pet’s wellbeing, plus integrate their pet into daily routines. ”
According to the COVID-19 Pulse Study by the American Dog Products Association, about 12. 6 million U. H. households got a new pet in 2020. But, the pandemic has given rise in order to more than just family pet ownership numbers. 18-34 year olds were more prone to adopt pets during the outbreak, accelerating many new sentiments regarding pet parenthood.
“This new research uncovers key insights into our lives with pets today. It underscores our commitment to understanding pet moms and dads, their relationship with their own pets, and how we can best serve them. inch Gutierrez added.
Pets Greatest provides free access to information in order to help people become better informed pet parents, including blog articles and veterinarian information plus reviews. Policyholders also have access to 24/7 decision support through phone, chat, and email. Since 2005, Pets Best has provided comprehensive dog health insurance policy solutions, helping to give pet mom and dad peace associated with mind knowing they’re protected, so these people can focus on making the best decisions for the wellbeing of their dog or cat. Pets Best policyholders can select from plans that can cover accidents, illnesses and optional add-on routine care, all customized to fit their particular pet’s requirements and their budget.
Pet Parenthood Today will be based on findings from 1, 420 pet owners, which includes 75% canine owners plus 56% kitty owners, and uncovered key differences between those owners who are usually currently enrolled in a pet health insurance plan policy, versus those who are not.
To review the particular full study, visit https://www.petsbest.com/blog/pet-parenthood-today/ . To learn more about Pets Greatest, visit www.petsbest.com .
About Animals Best Insurance Services, LLC
Domestic pets Best offers pet insurance and wellness plans for dogs plus cats in every state. Founded in 2005 with a mission in order to provide access to comprehensive animal healthcare at an affordable price, Pets Best delivers flexible coverage, an easy claims process, and excellent customer service. In 2019 the company was acquired by Synchrony (NYSE: SYF ). Pets Best is highly rated by independent review sites and is recommended by veterinarians across the nation. Household pets Best is usually a founding member of NAPHIA, an organization dedicated to ensuring high standards and transparency for that pet insurance coverage industry.
Family pet Insurance coverage offered plus administered simply by Pets Greatest Insurance Services, LLC and underwritten by American Pet Insurance Company, the New York insurance policy company headquartered at 6100 4th Ave. S. Suite 200 Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit www.americanpetinsurance.com to review almost all available family pet health insurance plan products.
Synchrony (NYSE: SYF ) is a premier consumer financial services company delivering one of the industry’s most complete digitally-enabled product suites. Our experience, expertise and scale encompass a broad spectrum associated with industries including digital, health and wellness, retail, telecommunications, home, auto, outdoor, pet and a lot more. We have a good established plus diverse group of national and regional retailers, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations plus healthcare service providers, which we refer in order to as our “partners. ” We connect our partners and consumers through our own dynamic monetary ecosystem and provide them with a diverse set of financing solutions plus innovative digital capabilities to address their own specific needs and deliver seamless, omnichannel experiences. We offer the right financing products towards the correct customers within their channel of choice. For more information, check out www.synchrony.com and Twitter: @Synchrony .
– # # # —
K. Sutherland PR