Pet insurance could save you thousands of dollars on veterinary care costs for your furry friend and help you provide your pet with the lifesaving care it needs in the event of an accident or illness.
If you call the Pine Tree State home, you have no shortage of pet insurance coverage companies to choose from. We at the Home Media reviews team have narrowed the list by researching the best pet insurance companies based on their customer service, coverage options plus costs. Use our review of the top pet insurance providers in Maine to choose the best provider for the furry family member.
Maine’s Top 7 Dog Insurance Businesses
After thoroughly studying the Maine’s best dog insurance firms, we found these to be the top seven providers in the state:
Coverage: Spot has a few coverage options for pet owners to select from. Here’s an overview associated with Spot’s plans:
- Accident-only plan: This plan covers treatment for bite wounds, sprains in addition to other injuries.
- Accident-and-illness plan: This plan of action offers between $2, 500 and unlimited annual benefits for accidents and illnesses, such as respiratory ailments and diabetes.
- Wellness programs: The wellness strategies cover annual wellness checks, dental cleanings and other preventive care expenses. The Gold plan provides $250 regarding coverage, and even the Platinum plan offers $450.
Spot does not cover preexisting conditions, cosmetic or elective procedures, or breeding together with pregnancy-related expenses.
The sample quotes below are for 4-year-old, mixed-breed dogs and cats in Bangor, Maine, using a variety involving coverage limits, deductibles and additionally reimbursements:
- Dogs: $16–$135 per month
- Cats: $10–$86 per month
Get a quote: To customize your own Spot family pet insurance policy, get a quotation on Spot’s website .
To learn more: Spot pet insurance policy review
Coverage: Trupanion keeps it simple with one accident-and-illness strategy. It reimburses you with regard to procedures, emergency care, diagnostics and other treatments regarding your pet’s accidents not to mention illnesses (such as broken bones, eye conditions and also cancer).
Trupanion offers two optional add-ons. One is for alternative therapies, such as acupuncture. The some other add-on program covers the particular following:
- Advertising as well as reward money for missing pets
- Family pet boarding fees if you’re hospitalized
- Third-party liability protection that protects you financially if your furry friend is responsible for an injury or even damage to someone’s property
- Vacation cost reimbursement if your animal is sick and a person have in order to cancel a trip
Trupanion excludes exam fees, current conditions, routine care charges, cosmetic or elective procedures, and breeding care from its coverage.
Here is a sample range of quotes for 4-year-old cats and dogs in Bangor, Maine:
- Dogs: $15–$51 per month
- Pet cats: $9–$29 each month
Get a quote: Fill out Trupanion’s form for a free quote on your plan.
To find out more: Trupanion pet insurance plan review
Coverage: Fetch offers a single plan that covers methods, treatments, X-rays, vet visit fees along with other treatments intended for accidents and then illnesses. Its coverage excludes elective coupled with cosmetic processes, breeding and therefore pregnancy fees, preexisting conditions and program care (such as checkups and vaccinations).
The plan also covers boarding costs when you’re hospitalized for longer than three days, vacation cancellation fees resulting from your current pet’s covered accident or even illness, and thus advertising combined with reward cash for lost pets.
We obtained estimates from Trupanion for 4-year-old, mixed-breed monkeys and horses in Bangor, Maine, with various insurance coverage caps, deductibles and reimbursements:
- Canines: $17–$119 per 30 days
- Cats: $8–$73 for each month
Get the quote: Customize the Fetch prepare and rates by getting a quote on Fetch’s website .
In order to learn more: Fetch pet insurance policies evaluation
Coverage: Embrace’s accident-and-illness plan provides $5, 000–$30, 000 within annual advantages, which may apply to your own personal pet’s vet bills to get conditions such as hip dysplasia, cuts or dental trauma. It doesn’t apply to be able to preexisting problems, cosmetic or even elective treatments or mating or pregnancy costs, which are standard exclusions across the industry.
Embrace’s Wellness Rewards package gives coverage for your pet’s schedule care, reimbursing you pertaining to costs related to vaccines, heartworm prevention and so checkups. You can choose from three levels of insurance offering $250, $450 or perhaps $650 of annual rewards. =
Take a look at these test pet insurance quotes from Embrace for 4-year-old, mixed-breed dogs and cats in Bangor, Maine, featuring various policy caps, reimbursement levels and furthermore annual deductibles:
- Puppies: $12–$51 per calendar month
- Cats: $9–$33 each month
Get a new quote: Fill out Embrace’s form for a free quote on your coverage.
To learn more: Accept pet insurance cover review
Coverage: Healthy Paws’ accident-and-illness approach provides limitless coverage for the pet’s incidents and health problems. Covered prices include specialist and crisis care, techniques, prescriptions and in addition rehab. The program doesn’t cover preexisting circumstances, spaying or maybe neutering, optional or cosmetic procedures, or regimen care. It also excludes hip dysplasia for the first year of insurance policy coverage.
The trial quotes below from Healthy Paws are for 4-year-old, mixed-breed cats and dogs in Bangor, Maine:
- Dogs: $37–$51 monthly
- Cats: $16–$27 a month
Get a quote: Fill out Healthful Paws’ online quote form for you to get some sort of quick custom rate.
To be able to learn a lot more: Healthy and balanced Paws canine insurance evaluation
Coverage: Figo offers three accident-and-illness insurance plan options. Each one addresses diagnostics, operations and additional treatments meant for covered accidental injuries and health issues.
Here are how each one breaks down:
- Essential plan: $5, 000 of yearly benefits
- Preferred plan: $10, 500 of total annual benefits
- Ultimate plan: Unlimited twelve-monthly benefits
You can also add vet examination fee cover and regime care positive aspects to your personal Figo insurance plan for an extra monthly price.
We requested several example quotes designed for 4-year-old, mixed-breed monkeys and horses inside Bangor, Maine, to give you an idea connected with what Figo’s plans expense:
- Pups: $19–$43 per thirty day period
- Cats: $8–$32 for every month
Get a good quote: Complete your quick quote request for Figo .
Protection: Prudent Pet provides one accident-only plan then two accident-and-illness plans. The particular Accident Only plan includes injuries like cuts and consequently fractures. The Essential plan presents $10, 1000 of gross annual coverage just for accidents — such because swallowed objects and tooth injuries — and diseases like cool dysplasia and as well , skin situations. The Ultimate system provides endless coverage for the purpose of the mishaps and conditions mentioned above and adds the following:
- Behavioral disorder coverage
- Furry friend boarding charges if you require hospitalization
- Lost pet advertising and reward money
- Reimbursement for vacation cancellation due to your individual pet’s covered treatments
- Mortality expenses, for example cremation as well as the burial
You may also purchase vet test coverage and up to $460 of workout care gains for vaccines and additional wellness expenditures.
We obtained quotes through Prudent Animal for 4-year-old, mixed breed dogs and cats throughout Bangor, Maine, to provide you with a good idea of the cost of policy cover:
- Pet dogs: $24–$59 per thirty days
- Cats: $11–$36 every month
Get some quote: Fill in a fabulous fast quote type for Wise Pet to see ones coverage options.
For more information: Advisable Pet insurance protection review
Types of Canine Insurance Plans
Providers can offer 3 types of puppy insurance plans:
- Accident-only insurance policy: These plans only cover injuries, such as swallowed toys, toxic ingestions, fractures and bites, making them typically the most affordable type with pet coverage.
- Accident-and-illness exposure: Accident-and-illness plans are usually the most popular pet insurance policies. They protect treatment for your pet’s crashes and a range of illnesses, like general sickness, diabetes, allergies, eye ailments and stylish dysplasia.
- Preventive care: Also referred to as routine as well as wellness treatment, this type of plan applies to help your pet’s regular medical care rates, such since vaccines, 12-monthly appointments, heartworm prevention, grooming and fecal tests.
How To Choose the Right Puppy Insurance Provider
Follow these types of steps to choose the right family dog health insurance plans company:
- Define your company coverage requirements: Determine whether you need accident-only policies, an accident-and-illness plan or a preventive proper care package, then choose an important provider along with coverage choices that meet your requires.
- Consider protection plan limits: Consider how much policy coverage you need. Compare quotations to find out whether a provider has the deductible, reimbursement rate and ınsurance policy coverage cap you are looking for. Also, look for companies that allow you to adjust these bills to either lower or simply raise your company’s monthly premium.
- Review this policy: Before enrolling in a good solid plan, look at its terms and conditions. Consider its waiting period, exclusions and as a consequence coverages. Some providers offer sample contracts on their websites that will you could review during the quotation process.
- Look at the brand’s reputation: Before purchasing a policy, you should also consider how reputable a company} is. You can use customer reviews, third-party ratings and provider roundups towards gauge brand reputation.
Typically the Bottom Line: Which Is often the Best Family dog Insurance Company} in Maine?
This review features several top-tier providers, and moreover one could be a better fit for an individual than another based on a needs and as a result preferences.
Overall, all of us recommend Place as your top doggie insurance company around Maine. The flexible range of publicity options, affordability and mobile app make it a solid choice. Before anyone lock into a policy with Area or any other company}, take the time to compare quotes coming from three and also more suppliers.
*We obtained the exact sample premiums above to have an accident-and-illness insurance policy for a real 4-year-old, medium-sized, mixed-breed dog in Bangor, Maine. Pricing may vary based on your main pet’s age, breed to location, so we recommend getting quotes directly from companies for that most accurate cost information.
Frequently Asked Questions About Maine Pet Insurance
Methodology: Our System for Ranking the Best Pet Insurance coverage Companies
Our review of pet insurance companies is based on in-depth industry research that includes reading hundreds for customer evaluations, simulating the very quote but purchasing process, speaking to representatives on the phone to assess the customer service experience so surveying 1, 000 dog and cat owners nationwide to determine the most important elements about pet travel insurance coverage. We have scored each provider on a 100-point scale based upon those elements.
Here are even more details about each factor and exactly how they’re weighted:
- Monthly pricing (25 points): How much every company charges for its dog or cat insurance plans is an important part of a customer’s decision. The best pet insurance companies combine comprehensive coverage along with plan alternatives with inexpensive rates.
- Programs (15 points): The top pet insurance providers offer accident-and-illness plans, accident-only plans additionally wellness and preventive attention add-ons to give customers the option to select a plan that’s best for their own pet.
- Covered treatments (15 points): With this element, we scored companies dependent on a treatments and simply procedures they cover. Firms with a breadth of included treatments but also unique coverages received a great deal more points compared to providers together with more regular or general policies.
- Customization options (10 points): Customizing your amazing policy is a valuable way to ensure you only pay with respect to what ones own pet demands. Providers with more annual-limit, insurance deductible and reimbursement-rate options earned the highest scores.
- Customer care (10 points): We obtained companies on their website accessibility and overall usability, customer support availability, cellular apps (if any), money-back guarantees furthermore veterinarian telehealth options, awarding points to the insurers with increased customer experience offerings.
- Industry reputation (10 points): To figure out each company’s industry status, we reviewed up-to-date rankings and accreditation information by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in addition scored companies on their years of encounter in the industry and as well as their condition availability.
- Waiting periods (10 points): Companies using shorter accident, illness and as well orthopedic waiting periods among the sign-up and plans start date scored higher than companies having longer waiting around periods.
- Eligible age (5 points): Some businesses don’t provide policies when it comes to pets that are over the latest certain age group. We deducted points via providers of which have era limits with regards to covered pets.
All of us use our rating system to evaluate and contrast each organization} against key factors that will help us determine the best pet insurance firms in the industry. Additionally , we keep our research up so that you can date moreover revisit our own reviews on a regular basis.